20 Questions To Ask Your Real Estate Agent (For Home Buyers)
1. How do you go about pre-qualifying your client for a mortgage loan?
2. How will I know that the mortgage loan type you recommend is best for me (us)?
3. Why do I have to put an Earnest Money Deposit on the property and what exactly is the purpose of the deposit?
4. What does closing costs consist of and who should pay them and why?
5. Who gets to choose the closing attorney and who will they represent?
6. Why are real estate taxes community association assessments, utilities, and other fees pro-rated?
7. Can I (we) unilaterally extend the closing date and for how long?
8. Can you explain the types of deeds available and what type will I get assuming I purchase the property in question?
9. Is a survey required and who will pay for it?
10. If the property is damaged prior to closing what is my (our) recourse?
11. Who’s responsibility is it to inspect the property and neighborhood?
12. What is the due diligence period and should I choose to purchase this property as-is or subject to a due diligence period?
13. If the deal falls through, who keeps the earnest money that I (we) submitted with the contract?
14. What are agency relationships and which one do you recommend, and why?
15. Who—pays the brokerage commission?
16. What are the seller’s/buyer’s disclosure requirements and how will it benefit me (us)?
17. As a real estate agent what are your legal requirements for disclosure?
18. How must notice of acceptance be delivered and in what form?
19. What are other provisions that you feel are important?
20. What are exhibits, addenda, and special stipulations and why are they needed?
If they are hesitant and/or can’t adequately answer and explain in a manner that you can understand, you might want to select another real estate agent.
For answers to the 20 most important questions to ask your agent please make the request below and I will be sure to forward the answers to you.
Return From Top Twenty Questions to Real Estate Success Tips
Return From Top 20 Questions to Realty 1 Strategic Advisors Home Page
NEW BOOK—1-2-3 Credit & Me—Now Available
Learn what others are saying about our latest blog (Summer 2014)
Purchase "The Wealth Increaser"
Learn more about "The Wealth Increaser"
Learn about what is inside of "The Wealth Increaser"...
About This Article:
The above article was written by Thomas (TJ) Underwood. Thomas (TJ) Underwood is a former fee-only financial planner, a former top producing loan processor and is currently a licensed real estate broker in the state of Georgia.
He is the writer behind The Real Estate & Finance 360 Degrees Series of Books that include The Wealth Increaser, Home Buyer 411 The Smart Guide to Buying Your Home, Home Seller 411 The Smart Guide to Selling Your Home, and Managing & Improving Your Credit & Finances for this MILLENNIUM.
In addition he is also the writer who created The 3 Step Structured Approach to Managing Your Finances, and CREDIT & FINANCE IMPROVEMENT MADE EASY—NEW GUIDE that you can download right now "(at MIMIMAL cost $3.95)" to learn more about his writing style and how you can achieve "more" success in the current economy.
He is the creator of TheWealthIncreaser.com where he regularly blogs about helping consumers improve their credit, finance and real estate pursuits in an intelligent, consistent and proactive manner.
He’s always looking for ways to make intelligent finance improvement happen for those who “sincerely desire” success in their future. He was the first financial planner to coin the phrase "financially alert mind" and he consistently writes in a style that is designed to provide consumers the ability to take control of their lives and achieve great results.
You can contact him from a number of sources but the most direct way is to contact him through the contact us block that can be found at the bottom of this page. You can also get highly relevant tips on "living your life more abundantly" and link to TheWealthIncreaser.com and possibly earn revenue by logging on to TheWealthIncreaser.com.
He is also an IRS registered tax planning professional with over 30 years of tax experience and can be reached at:
ATLANTA TAX PREPARATION SERVICE
Atlanta South Location:
Realty 1 Strategic Advisors, LLC
77 Prestwick Lane
City, GA 30269
Atlanta Central Location:
Realty 1 Strategic Advisors, LLC
2940 West Stubbs Road
Atlanta, GA 30349
IF YOU DESIRE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LUXURY HOME MARKET IN THE ATLANTA METROPOLITAN AREA—MAKE THE REQUEST BELOW
Jumbo Mortgage Loan News----Atlanta Luxury Home News